Probably even more than in other areas of a commercial lawyers’ practice, international cooperation in the field of taxation becomes more and more indispensable. The issues include;
- Application of double taxation treaties (needs tax experts in at least two countries)
- Tax planning of a group of companies with entities in various jurisdictions
- Conflict with tax authorities of a company (belonging to group of companies) in one country, where assistance, information or documents are needed from another country
- Information on important tax developments in local jurisdictions (and with possible repercussions for other countries)
- ...and many others.
- Tax conditions in view of taking domicile or establishing a company in a foreign country
...and many others.