We are delighted to confirm that our conference hosts will be Bureau Plattner and the hotel venue has now been booked for WLN's spring 2019 conference, so please note:
- Dates: Thu 21-Sat 23 March 2019
- Venue: Hotel NH Collection Milano President
- Address: Largo Augusto 10, 20122 Milan, Italy
Please use the following booking link :
- to reserve your place in the conference hotel under WLN's arrangements - click here.
As you will see, it's an excellent hotel, located just 5 minutes' walk from our hosts' offices.
The conference programme is available for you to download under the link below in the Member Area only.
We suggest that you:
- note the dates;
- share them with your teams; and
- go ahead with your flight and hotel arrangements!
Highlights of conference: "Are we living in a smart world?"
We have several great external speakers to lead sessions on the law and its role in future:
- Smart city technologies: urban energy; design; the future of the city; and "infomobility".
- Smart cities & their impact on society, key enabling technologies; social models; challenges for local & regional authorities.
- Smart cities & their funding - how will PPPs look in future; case study on building an urban heating district.
- Is there a role for cryptocurrencies in smart cities?
Outline of conference timing:
- Thu 21 March - evening reception with our hosts Bureau Plattner, followed by dinner at the elegant Stendhal Antica Osteria;
- Fri 22 March - full business programme from about 09:00-16:30 CET followed by the shared team, fun experience of making & enjoying dinner at Feeling Food Milano; and
- Sat 23 March - morning business programme; followed by afternoon walking visit to Castello Sforzesco and Museo del Cenacolo; & evening dinner at the relaxed but iconic PIZZERIA GINO SORBILLO.
See draft Conference Programme below for greater detail.
The WLN Board is very keen to promote our networking at conference and for all members firms to attend regularly. It’s very disappointing to the hosts to make all the efforts of setting up such an event, only for too many members to stay away. And we also want to promote a healthy mixture of both the more experienced partners and those who might attend for the first time. Healthy for the long term prosperity of WLN’s member firms.
With all that in mind, the WLN costs* of this conference will be as follows:
- 1st delegate (from all firms) - €490 each
- 2nd and further delegate(s):
- €440 each (i.e. 10% discount); except
- If such person has not previously attended a main WLN conference: €340 each (i.e. 30%, “1st timer” discount)
* excludes your hotel and travel, which you pay directly.
- Accompanying person - €140 each
- Saturday social programme - €60 each
For more information, contact:
Stuart Miller, WLN Managing Director
t: +44 7812 062487
John van Loo, WLN Managing Director